More Than Words Can Say

When Larry died in 2003 I started writing letters to him on my computer at home. Since then I've had problems with the computer and thought I had lost those letters. I have recovered some of them but want to have a place I can store them. A place I can come to anytime or anywhere to view them and to write more to him when I need to feel close to him. I'm also thinking to use this Blog to tell Larry's story.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Georgia

I am a 50 plus widow living by myself, trying to do what is right for me.

Friday, December 16, 2005

My first letter to Larry

My first letter was written the night before my 53rd birthday. He was still alive but I knew that he would be leaving me soon... I just didn't want it to be on my birthday. He hung in there for 5 more day after I wrote this letter.
We had brought him home from the hospital in January knowing that there wasn't anything else we could do for him. We set the hospital bed up in the dining room where there are windows he could look out into the yard. A place he always loved to sit before he got so ill.
After I wrote this letter I sat at the side of his bed and told him tht although I didn't want him to go I understood and it was alright for him to let go. That I loved him more than words could say...

April 8, 2003

Dear Larry,

My mind is going around and around with the memories of you.
The many good times we have had in the past years together.
It doesn’t seem possible that they are to come to an end so soon.
It seems like we have just begun and should have so much ahead of us.
In my heart I can hear and feel you. You will always be apart of me
You have been my better half, my soul mate, my best friend and my lover
I wonder how I will get through each day without you at my side.
I thought I would be prepared for this day, but I’m not.
I need your strength to go on.
Yet I know I must let you go so you can be at peace.
Please know that I love you with every fiber of my body and soul.

Your loving wife
Sue

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home