The rest of the 2003 letters saved
I want to be able to access these at any time so am posting them now... will edit as I go.
* ** **** **** *** *****
May 18, 2003
Dear Larry,
Again the memories of you are going through my mind.
You are gone from my life but not from my heart.
There are so many things I would share with you each day
Old memories and new experiences if only you were here.
Life stretches out empty ahead without you,
I know you would want me to go on.
It is so hard although the memories of our times together help me.
I see you in my mind and feel you in my heart.
I know without a doubt that we shared a great love for each other.
From the first time we were together I felt complete something I never had before.
You filled an empty place in my heart and soul.
Through the good times and the bad times I always knew you loved me.
Please know that I will always love you with every fiber of my body and soul.
I miss you more than words can say.
Your loving Wife
Sue
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
May 23, 2003
Dear Larry,
You came into my life at a time when I needed you the most.
I was lost and headed into a life that I didn’t want.
And then you came and showed me how good life could be.
You filled the empty spot in my life and made me complete.
Now you are gone and my life seems empty again.
Did you think that I don’t need you anymore?
I need your strength to make it through each day.
I miss you more than words can say.
I will always love you with every fiber of my body and soul.
Your loving Wife
Sue
June 24, 2003
A month has gone by and thoughts of you go through my mind every day.
Memories of the things we did together.
I wake up in the middle of the night missing you so much.
I go through each day as if you are here at home waiting for me
When I know you aren’t and it breaks my heart.
I will always love you with ever fiber of my body and soul.
You are my true love, my soul mate, and my best friend.
How am I supposed to go on without you?
I need your strength to make it through each day.
I miss you more than words can say.
Your loving Wife,
Sue
July 12, 2003
Dear Larry,
Tomorrow it will be three months you’ve been gone.
And I miss you as much, if not more, today as I did the day after you died.
Some days like today it doesn’t feel like I can go on without you.
I ache with the pain of losing you.
Memories of you only make it hurt more.
The tears fall freely down my face.
If only I could feel you hold me and make it all better the way only you could.
How am I supposed to live without you?
I need your strength, I need to see and feel you again.
Most days I can keep busy enough so the pain is only a dull ache
But today it fills my whole body.
I miss you so much.
I will always love you with ever fiber of my body and soul.
You are my true love, my soul mate, and my best friend.
And I miss you more than words can say.
Your loving wife
Sue
July 27, 2003
Dear Larry,
If only I could hear you call me “My Love” one more time.
If only I could kneel at your feet and put my arms around you while you sit in your favorite chair one more time.
If only I could see that twinkle in your eye when you look at me one more time.
If only I could wake and find you beside me in our bed one more time.
I know that we had something special together and that “nothing last forever” as you use to say but
If only we could have just one more day together.
I have so many “If only”s that fill me with sorrow.
I remember sitting and looking at you in your hospital bed knowing that you wouldn’t be with me much longer.
I tried to memorize everything about you, to hold in my heart, hoping that it would last me the rest of my life without you.
The emptiness inside me tells me it wasn’t enough!
“If only” I didn’t miss you so much.
I will always love you with ever fiber of my body and soul.
You are my true love, my soul mate, and my best friend.
And I miss you more than words can say.
Your loving wife
Sue
August 5, 2003
Dear Larry,
I hate not having you here with me to share the new things in my life.
We have a new Grand child Kathleen Raye to hold and love.
Knowing that you will never know her makes me so sad and empty.
Instead of being overjoyed, all I can do is cry.
I want you here with me so I can tell you all about her.
How very special she seems to me.
I don’t know why it makes me so very sad.
Going to the hospital to see her brought back a lot of memories
of your last months in this life.
I wish I could have made you better.
I’m so sorry that your last months weren’t better.
There are so many things I would do different if I could only go back in time.
The only thing that wouldn’t change is my love for you.
I couldn’t love you more than I did and do because
I love you with all my soul, heart and body.
You are my life.
How can I go on without you?
I need your strength and love.
I miss you so much.
I will always love you with ever fiber of my body and soul.
You are my true love, my soul mate, and my best friend.
And I miss you more than words can say.
Your loving wife
Sue
August 12, 2003
Dear Larry,
Again I can’t sleep for the memories of you run through my mind.
These memories come at me at all times.
I will be driving down the road and will hear a song on the radio that brings back memories.
I will be in a room full of people and someone will say something that brings back the memories.
I will be watching TV and something I see brings back the memories.
Some memories are good and make me laugh at what good times we had.
Some memories are sad and make me cry.
There is no way to get away from the memories and I don’t know as I want to, as that is all I have left of you.
I know that you hated to see me cry but I can’t seem to help myself anymore.
The tears come when I least expect them.
Tomorrow it will be four months since you were in my life.
It doesn’t seem possible that life keeps going by, but it does.
I still miss you more than words can say.
I still love you with every fiber of my body, soul and heart.
You will always be my true love, my soul mate, and my best friend.
Your loving wife,
Sue
September 1, 2003
Dear Larry,
It’s early morning and as always memories of you fill my mind.
Death is so final.
Knowing I can’t see you, touch you or hear you again make me ache.
Sometimes I think even time can’t take away the ache I feel.
I think of all the things we could be doing together now and miss you so much.
There is never enough time together.
Death is so final.
I look at the pictures of you over the years and it only fills one book.
Not enough for 22 years of good times and the bad times.
But I hold each picture I have close to my heart.
Death is so final.
No more pictures to take of you and kids, as they grow older.
No more trips for us together.
No more just sitting around together at the table reminiscing about the good ole days.
Death is so final.
It doesn’t seem possible that life keeps going by, but it does.
I still miss you more than words can say.
I still love you with every fiber of my body, soul and heart.
You will always be my true love, my soul mate, and my best friend.
Your loving wife,
Sue
September 22, 2003
Dear Larry,
Oh Lord how I miss you!
I miss waking up with you next to me in the bed in the middle of the night.
I miss going back to sleep with your hand resting on me.
Letting me know that all is safe and secure in life.
I miss our time together in the morning while I exercise you.
Starting my day off with just spending time with you.
Oh Lord, how I miss you.
I miss fixing your favorite foods.
And watching you enjoy them.
I miss watching the football games with you.
Knowing even tho I ask the same questions over & over
You will take the time to answer them
Oh Lord, how I miss you.
I miss coming home from work and seeing your car in the garage,
knowing that you are safe at home.
I miss your help and support when I make major decisions
I miss going to Dairy Queen together after I mow the lawn.
I miss having you to talk to, to tell about my day.
I miss hearing you tell me about your day.
Oh Lord, how I miss you.
I miss you holding me in your arms, making me feel loved.
I miss your kisses.
I miss hearing your deep voice and laughter.
I miss seeing your smile.
I miss your strength to help me through the bad times.
Oh Lord, how I miss you.
I miss you, my best friend, my true love, and my soul mate
more than words can say.
I love and miss you with every fiber of my body, soul and heart.
Your Loving Wife
Sue
November 18, 2003
My Love,
Life goes on for me and I suppose it is getting a little easier.
Memories of you still come to me at all times.
Some days are worse than others but I make it through each of them.
I miss your being here to talk to.
I wish I could turn back the time to three years ago when you first started getting sick.
I would do so many things different.
We would talk more about what you wanted.
And I would try my best to make each day you had left the best day of your life.
There are so many things that I could have done better for you if I had known how
Short of time you had left.
We did have many good days together, many good memories before you got sick
And those are the memories that keep me going.
But it’s like a part of me is missing and it is so hard without you.
I still miss you more than words can say. You were and are the better half of me.
You are still my best friend, my true love and my soul mate.
I love and miss you with every fiber of my body, soul and heart.
Your Loving Wife
Sue
December 22,2003
Christmas draws near and I can’t believe that you aren’t here with me.
It will be the first Christmas without you in 23 years.
At Thanksgiving I went to see your Mom.
It was so hard because so much of what she is and does reminds me of you.
I think she will be joining you before too long.
My heart hurts so much from missing you.
I try to put on a happy front for our families & my friends
But when I’m by myself the hurt washes over me and all I want to do is cry.
I think about last Christmas and the guilt I felt for being glad you were still with me
Knowing I should have let you go in November when you stopped breathing twice.
I know it was selfish of me to want you to stay with me when you were in so much pain and misery.
I just hope you understand that I wasn’t ready for you to leave me.
I think I knew how empty my life would be without you.
I still miss you more than I can say.
I feel as the best part of me is missing.
I know I will make it through Christmas without you.
In my heart I know nothing will ever fill me with the same happiness we had.
You were and are the better half of me.
You are still my best friend, my true love and my soul mate.
I love and miss you with every fiber of my body, soul and heart.
Your Loving Wife
Sue
* ** **** **** *** *****
May 18, 2003
Dear Larry,
Again the memories of you are going through my mind.
You are gone from my life but not from my heart.
There are so many things I would share with you each day
Old memories and new experiences if only you were here.
Life stretches out empty ahead without you,
I know you would want me to go on.
It is so hard although the memories of our times together help me.
I see you in my mind and feel you in my heart.
I know without a doubt that we shared a great love for each other.
From the first time we were together I felt complete something I never had before.
You filled an empty place in my heart and soul.
Through the good times and the bad times I always knew you loved me.
Please know that I will always love you with every fiber of my body and soul.
I miss you more than words can say.
Your loving Wife
Sue
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
May 23, 2003
Dear Larry,
You came into my life at a time when I needed you the most.
I was lost and headed into a life that I didn’t want.
And then you came and showed me how good life could be.
You filled the empty spot in my life and made me complete.
Now you are gone and my life seems empty again.
Did you think that I don’t need you anymore?
I need your strength to make it through each day.
I miss you more than words can say.
I will always love you with every fiber of my body and soul.
Your loving Wife
Sue
June 24, 2003
A month has gone by and thoughts of you go through my mind every day.
Memories of the things we did together.
I wake up in the middle of the night missing you so much.
I go through each day as if you are here at home waiting for me
When I know you aren’t and it breaks my heart.
I will always love you with ever fiber of my body and soul.
You are my true love, my soul mate, and my best friend.
How am I supposed to go on without you?
I need your strength to make it through each day.
I miss you more than words can say.
Your loving Wife,
Sue
July 12, 2003
Dear Larry,
Tomorrow it will be three months you’ve been gone.
And I miss you as much, if not more, today as I did the day after you died.
Some days like today it doesn’t feel like I can go on without you.
I ache with the pain of losing you.
Memories of you only make it hurt more.
The tears fall freely down my face.
If only I could feel you hold me and make it all better the way only you could.
How am I supposed to live without you?
I need your strength, I need to see and feel you again.
Most days I can keep busy enough so the pain is only a dull ache
But today it fills my whole body.
I miss you so much.
I will always love you with ever fiber of my body and soul.
You are my true love, my soul mate, and my best friend.
And I miss you more than words can say.
Your loving wife
Sue
July 27, 2003
Dear Larry,
If only I could hear you call me “My Love” one more time.
If only I could kneel at your feet and put my arms around you while you sit in your favorite chair one more time.
If only I could see that twinkle in your eye when you look at me one more time.
If only I could wake and find you beside me in our bed one more time.
I know that we had something special together and that “nothing last forever” as you use to say but
If only we could have just one more day together.
I have so many “If only”s that fill me with sorrow.
I remember sitting and looking at you in your hospital bed knowing that you wouldn’t be with me much longer.
I tried to memorize everything about you, to hold in my heart, hoping that it would last me the rest of my life without you.
The emptiness inside me tells me it wasn’t enough!
“If only” I didn’t miss you so much.
I will always love you with ever fiber of my body and soul.
You are my true love, my soul mate, and my best friend.
And I miss you more than words can say.
Your loving wife
Sue
August 5, 2003
Dear Larry,
I hate not having you here with me to share the new things in my life.
We have a new Grand child Kathleen Raye to hold and love.
Knowing that you will never know her makes me so sad and empty.
Instead of being overjoyed, all I can do is cry.
I want you here with me so I can tell you all about her.
How very special she seems to me.
I don’t know why it makes me so very sad.
Going to the hospital to see her brought back a lot of memories
of your last months in this life.
I wish I could have made you better.
I’m so sorry that your last months weren’t better.
There are so many things I would do different if I could only go back in time.
The only thing that wouldn’t change is my love for you.
I couldn’t love you more than I did and do because
I love you with all my soul, heart and body.
You are my life.
How can I go on without you?
I need your strength and love.
I miss you so much.
I will always love you with ever fiber of my body and soul.
You are my true love, my soul mate, and my best friend.
And I miss you more than words can say.
Your loving wife
Sue
August 12, 2003
Dear Larry,
Again I can’t sleep for the memories of you run through my mind.
These memories come at me at all times.
I will be driving down the road and will hear a song on the radio that brings back memories.
I will be in a room full of people and someone will say something that brings back the memories.
I will be watching TV and something I see brings back the memories.
Some memories are good and make me laugh at what good times we had.
Some memories are sad and make me cry.
There is no way to get away from the memories and I don’t know as I want to, as that is all I have left of you.
I know that you hated to see me cry but I can’t seem to help myself anymore.
The tears come when I least expect them.
Tomorrow it will be four months since you were in my life.
It doesn’t seem possible that life keeps going by, but it does.
I still miss you more than words can say.
I still love you with every fiber of my body, soul and heart.
You will always be my true love, my soul mate, and my best friend.
Your loving wife,
Sue
September 1, 2003
Dear Larry,
It’s early morning and as always memories of you fill my mind.
Death is so final.
Knowing I can’t see you, touch you or hear you again make me ache.
Sometimes I think even time can’t take away the ache I feel.
I think of all the things we could be doing together now and miss you so much.
There is never enough time together.
Death is so final.
I look at the pictures of you over the years and it only fills one book.
Not enough for 22 years of good times and the bad times.
But I hold each picture I have close to my heart.
Death is so final.
No more pictures to take of you and kids, as they grow older.
No more trips for us together.
No more just sitting around together at the table reminiscing about the good ole days.
Death is so final.
It doesn’t seem possible that life keeps going by, but it does.
I still miss you more than words can say.
I still love you with every fiber of my body, soul and heart.
You will always be my true love, my soul mate, and my best friend.
Your loving wife,
Sue
September 22, 2003
Dear Larry,
Oh Lord how I miss you!
I miss waking up with you next to me in the bed in the middle of the night.
I miss going back to sleep with your hand resting on me.
Letting me know that all is safe and secure in life.
I miss our time together in the morning while I exercise you.
Starting my day off with just spending time with you.
Oh Lord, how I miss you.
I miss fixing your favorite foods.
And watching you enjoy them.
I miss watching the football games with you.
Knowing even tho I ask the same questions over & over
You will take the time to answer them
Oh Lord, how I miss you.
I miss coming home from work and seeing your car in the garage,
knowing that you are safe at home.
I miss your help and support when I make major decisions
I miss going to Dairy Queen together after I mow the lawn.
I miss having you to talk to, to tell about my day.
I miss hearing you tell me about your day.
Oh Lord, how I miss you.
I miss you holding me in your arms, making me feel loved.
I miss your kisses.
I miss hearing your deep voice and laughter.
I miss seeing your smile.
I miss your strength to help me through the bad times.
Oh Lord, how I miss you.
I miss you, my best friend, my true love, and my soul mate
more than words can say.
I love and miss you with every fiber of my body, soul and heart.
Your Loving Wife
Sue
November 18, 2003
My Love,
Life goes on for me and I suppose it is getting a little easier.
Memories of you still come to me at all times.
Some days are worse than others but I make it through each of them.
I miss your being here to talk to.
I wish I could turn back the time to three years ago when you first started getting sick.
I would do so many things different.
We would talk more about what you wanted.
And I would try my best to make each day you had left the best day of your life.
There are so many things that I could have done better for you if I had known how
Short of time you had left.
We did have many good days together, many good memories before you got sick
And those are the memories that keep me going.
But it’s like a part of me is missing and it is so hard without you.
I still miss you more than words can say. You were and are the better half of me.
You are still my best friend, my true love and my soul mate.
I love and miss you with every fiber of my body, soul and heart.
Your Loving Wife
Sue
December 22,2003
Christmas draws near and I can’t believe that you aren’t here with me.
It will be the first Christmas without you in 23 years.
At Thanksgiving I went to see your Mom.
It was so hard because so much of what she is and does reminds me of you.
I think she will be joining you before too long.
My heart hurts so much from missing you.
I try to put on a happy front for our families & my friends
But when I’m by myself the hurt washes over me and all I want to do is cry.
I think about last Christmas and the guilt I felt for being glad you were still with me
Knowing I should have let you go in November when you stopped breathing twice.
I know it was selfish of me to want you to stay with me when you were in so much pain and misery.
I just hope you understand that I wasn’t ready for you to leave me.
I think I knew how empty my life would be without you.
I still miss you more than I can say.
I feel as the best part of me is missing.
I know I will make it through Christmas without you.
In my heart I know nothing will ever fill me with the same happiness we had.
You were and are the better half of me.
You are still my best friend, my true love and my soul mate.
I love and miss you with every fiber of my body, soul and heart.
Your Loving Wife
Sue

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home