Dear Heart
Dear Jones,
I wonder what you would think of me now if you could see me.
Would you shake your head at me like you would sometimes when I went off on a tangent?
I remember one time I came home with a new haircut and you just laughed at it.
Would you do that now?
I think of that anytime I change something about my appearance
I wear my hair differant now and I dress differant.
Would you like how I look now?
You never were one to compliment me with words
but I could always tell when you were pleased with something I did.
And I could always tell when I displeased you.
You were human, not a saint, and there were things that you did that displeased me too.
I like to think only of the good things.
How supportive you were.
Even to the point of suggesting you drive the car behind me while I walk so I could lose weight...
you could be sooo funny sometimes.
You were always open to what I wanted to do...
Ok maybe not the baby pig...but hey, I listened to you on that one.
But if I wanted to just go for a ride up in the mountains,
we would load up and go.
What would you say to my new tattoo?
Would you understand that it's a way for me to have you with me at all times?
It's called a Memorial Tattoo and I especially had it done for you.
It doesn't really express all that I feel about you but it's a way for me to keep you close.
I can see you now shaking your head with that twinkle in your eye,
looking at me, probably thinking...
That's Sue, you never know what she's going to do.
But I know that no matter what I do your love will always be with me.
You are my heart and my life.
You are my other half, my soul mate, my love.
And I miss you more than words can say
I wonder what you would think of me now if you could see me.
Would you shake your head at me like you would sometimes when I went off on a tangent?
I remember one time I came home with a new haircut and you just laughed at it.
Would you do that now?
I think of that anytime I change something about my appearance
I wear my hair differant now and I dress differant.
Would you like how I look now?
You never were one to compliment me with words
but I could always tell when you were pleased with something I did.
And I could always tell when I displeased you.
You were human, not a saint, and there were things that you did that displeased me too.
I like to think only of the good things.
How supportive you were.
Even to the point of suggesting you drive the car behind me while I walk so I could lose weight...
you could be sooo funny sometimes.
You were always open to what I wanted to do...
Ok maybe not the baby pig...but hey, I listened to you on that one.
But if I wanted to just go for a ride up in the mountains,
we would load up and go.
What would you say to my new tattoo?
Would you understand that it's a way for me to have you with me at all times?
It's called a Memorial Tattoo and I especially had it done for you.
It doesn't really express all that I feel about you but it's a way for me to keep you close.
I can see you now shaking your head with that twinkle in your eye,
looking at me, probably thinking...
That's Sue, you never know what she's going to do.
But I know that no matter what I do your love will always be with me.
You are my heart and my life.
You are my other half, my soul mate, my love.
And I miss you more than words can say

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home